Some models can withstand up to 200-250 kg, so they can be used even by people with significant weight. Add to this a reduction in pressure on the lower extremities, and you have an item that is ideal even for those who have varicose veins or other disorders of the musculoskeletal system.
An interesting fact: Scandinavians, versed in furniture minimalism, were the first to introduce the fashion for gymnastic balls as a universal seat and even began to use such balls in the form of chairs in schools and government offices.
Gymnastic ball: reviews based on real benefits
Swiss, medical, gymnastic, slimming ball – all these are the names of the same sports equipment, used for medicinal purposes since the 50s, and in sports since the 90s. The benefits of using it are undeniable:
- almost all muscles are loaded,
- you can correct the wrong posture,
- gymnastic massage ball eliminates cellulite,
- prevents the development of joint pathologies,
- also used as an exercise ball for the spine,
- helps reduce weight by actively burning calories.
Due to the fact that the product has a round shape, it is unstable, and the implementation of even the simplest exercises is greatly complicated, forcing the use of those muscles that are difficult to work out. In addition, the cost of a gymnastic ball is much lower than that of the same stepper, exercise bike, or treadmill.
Types of balls
You can find several types:
- A gymnastic ball with horns is suitable for beginners, pregnant women and children – they are more stable and help you get used to the projectile.
- A gymnastic ball with soft spikes, in addition to the usual properties, it is massaging. Therefore, it is effective against cellulite.
- Smooth models are used for 2 purposes: intensive training and as a gymnastic ball during pregnancy. In the second case, it helps to relax the back and strengthen the muscles of the pelvic floor, which is included in the program of preparation for childbirth and recovery.
- Gymnastic ball for children is immediately recognizable due to its small size, bright colours, as well as prints. There are models with and without horns.
To select a ball according to your height, it is enough to sit on it: the angle between the torso and thigh should be approximately 90 degrees.
Why buy a gymnastic ball for babies?
Any sports activity is good for children, but fitball is a safe option.
7 reasons to buy a fitball:
- Reduces muscle hypertonicity, which occurs in 90% of children.
- Improves coordination, which is especially important during the growth stage.
- Recommended for the prevention of stomach and intestinal colic.
- Has a positive effect on the cardiovascular system.
- Stimulates the development of the respiratory system.
- Used to treat scoliosis.
- It is used after the birth of a child to train the muscles of the abdomen, back, hips, and pelvis.
For newborns, doctors recommend to go for a gym ball diameter of 65 cm, which should have the following characteristics:
- completely smooth surface so as not to scratch delicate skin,
- without intensive extraneous and unpleasant odours,
- horns for the development of fine motor skills,
- the valve for air injection must be hidden inside.
When choosing a gym ball with handles or a smooth one, take a model with a security system that includes an anti-explosion function.
Our blog will also help you choose a fitball and a protein shaker.