Yoga classes are growing in popularity by 15-20% each year, especially for women. For them, this is the perfect way to find a middle ground between working days and household chores.
Going in for sports, a person should feel comfortable and calm, otherwise you will not get the desired result from the training and all your thoughts will be directed to its speedy completion. If you take up sports purposefully, then you should not use the public property provided by the gym – the cost of a fitness accessories is not very high, and it will not be difficult to choose the best model according to the parameters you need. And the easiest way to do this is in a specialized online store, which offers a wide range of products for beginners and advanced sportsmen.
PVC, bamboo, and cork yoga mat
The advantages of using natural materials are evident, however synthetic ones are often used to make this sports accessory. Considering the pros of certain options, pay attention to the main feature: non-slip mats will be the most comfortable, regardless of the material. The most common types of yoga mats are:
- A PVC Mat is perfect for outdoor events, as the coating is resistant to the sun, water, or sand. It has a low price, which is ideal for people who have not decided whether they will practice yoga professionally.
- A cork yoga mat most often has a rubber coating on one side. The advantage of cork is that it perfectly absorbs moisture and does not slip. In addition, these products look very stylish.
- A bamboo yoga mat is great for stretching as well as meditative and relaxing practices. Pleasant to the touch, but most importantly – environmentally friendly.
By the way, most often yoga mats with a pattern are made of cork, since this material makes it is easier to apply various images using the burning method. There are also synthetic models with a variety of prints.
Natural rugs made of jute and rubber are rightfully considered the best, but it makes sense to purchase them only for those who practice yoga professionally – the price is quite high when compared to synthetic counterparts.
Yoga mat: thickness that guaranteed comfort
It is believed that the greater the thickness, the more comfortable you will feel, since it is more convenient for your elbows and knees on a softer surface without them feeling cold. This aspect is especially important during long meditations and Shavasana, when you need to focus on internal sensations, and not external stimuli.
When choosing certain professional yoga mats, be guided by the following characteristics:
- The optimal thickness is 4 mm—6 mm. Keep in mind that you will most likely have to carry this sports item with you, and the thicker the mat, the heavier it is.
- The standard width is 60 cm, but models up to 80 cm can be found on sale.
- To calculate the length that is right for you, add 10-20 cm to your height.
The yoga towel mat is one of the latest but very handy models, as it can be easily taken with you by simply rolling it into a compact roll. But it, like any other materials used to produce yoga mats, cannot be washed with soap or any other detergent: they penetrate into the pores of the material and mix with sweat, which leads to higher slipperiness. The solution to that is to wipe the mat with alcohol or water in order to clean it.
In a specialized online store, you will be offered a mat with delivery to anywhere in the world. Pay attention to the following characteristics:
- Models can be made of natural, synthetic and combined materials;
- Foldable yoga mats are compact and lightweight, which is convenient for those who like to go outdoors or carry sports accessories with them;
- The mat must have a certain level of softness so as not to put pressure on the knees, head, and elbows;
- The mat should be water-repellent and easy to clean.